Our ethics policy
1) BUILD A SCHOOL will not enter into a joint venture with another party if that business or organisation’s operations are in conflict with our own objectives:
TO FUND THE BUILDING OF CLASSROOMS IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
TO PROVIDE EDUCATION IN SUSTAINABLE LIVING
2) BUILD A SCHOOL continues to form partnerships with external organisations that help us achieve our objectives. However, we must ensure partnerships do not bring the charity’s brand and reputation into disrepute or hinder our independence. To protect the charity’s reputation, integrity and independence BUILD A SCHOOL will avoid the following:
- Any company involved in weapons manufacture
- Tobacco companies
- Organisations directly engaged in animal research
- Any organisation BUILD A SCHOOL deems to have a negative environmental or humanitarian reputation
- Companies producing pornography
- All donations over £25,000 to be discussed by the Build A School Ethics Panel
3) Personal and financial information passed to BUILD A SCHOOL by donors will NOT be accessible to third parties.
4) Acceptance of funding, publicity or services does not constitute BUILD A SCHOOL endorsement.
5) BUILD A SCHOOL’S work will strive to avoid any religious or political bias, based on the charity’s belief that it’s objectives of education and sustainability are universal to all.
This is a working document due to the continual changes in UK law and the unique circumstances that can occur in the day to day running of BUILD A SCHOOL. Anyone working or volunteering on behalf of BUILD A SCHOOL is expected to use caution when forging any partnership but recognise the need and value of positive partnerships.